Last modified: November 4, 2020
Personal Information is any information that identifies you as an individual and may include:
- Contact information, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, and phone number;
- Profile data, such as your username and password that you may set to establish an online account with us;
- Demographic information, such as your postal code, gender, and age;
- Your content, such as text, images, audio, and video, along with the metadata associated with the files you may upload;
- Communications, such as your questions, feedback, or correspondence that you send us;
- Usage data, such as information about how you use the Services and interact with us, including information associated with any content you upload or otherwise submit to us, and information you provide when you use any interactive features of the Services;
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving communications from us, and details about how you engage with our communications; and
Personal Information does not include business contact information used for business purposes.
HOW WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and use your Personal Information in the following ways:
- Information that you provide directly or authorize someone else to give us. We may ask you to provide information including, your name, email address, and any other information you choose to provide to us. When you submit a “JOIN US” form, we may collect your name, phone number, email address and any other information you choose to provide to us.
- Cookies. When you use our Services, we sometimes send one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters) to your computer or mobile device that uniquely identify your browser and enhance your navigation on the website. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the website (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take) and allow us or our third-party analytics tools we use to track your usage of the website. There are at least two different types of cookies: persistent and session cookies. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent use of the website. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your Web browser’s directions for removal of cookies. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. you can reset your Web browser to refuse all cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Services may not function properly if cookies are disabled.
- Log file. Log file information is automatically reported by your browser or application each time you access a Web page. When you access or use the website, our servers may automatically record certain log file information, including your Web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the website, domain names, landing pages, and pages viewed.
- Device identifiers. When you access or use our Services using a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers,” such as a universally unique identifier. Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your device that uniquely identify your device. A device identifier may consist of data stored in connection with the device hardware, operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by us. A device identifier may convey information to us about how you browse and use the website. A device identifier may remain persistently on your device to enhance your navigation on the website. Some features of our Services may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled. Commercial communications. To the extent permitted under applicable law, we may use the information we collect or receive from you to communicate directly with you in relation to our services and technologies. Subject, where necessary, to obtaining your consent in compliance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL), we may use the information we collect from you to communicate with you in relation to other services that we offer and to send you service-related notices (e.g., account verification, technical and security notices). You may opt in to receiving these services-related notices here.
- Use of certain service-type information. We may use information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, clear GIFs and other tools to: (i) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you use the website; (ii) provide custom, personalized content or information to you or others; (iii) monitor the use of our Services; (iv) monitor aggregate metrics, such as total number of visitors, traffic and demographic patterns; (v) diagnose or fix technology problems; (vi) provide advertising to your browser or device; and (vii) conduct research or surveys.
- Use of information with your consent. We may use your Personal Information for any other purpose (in addition to the Purposes) for which you specifically provide us with your consent.
THE PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information that we receive from you enables us to deliver the Services that we offer to you and to enable you to use them efficiently. We collect and store your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to verify your identity;
- insofar as permitted under applicable law (including but not limited to CASL), to communicate with you in relation to our Services and technologies and other services that we or our affiliates offer;
- to meet our legal obligations and the regulatory requirements to which we may be subject, for loss prevention purposes and to protect and enforce our rights and meet our obligations to third parties; and
- for our internal business purposes, such as compiling and analyzing usage information of our Services, for general operational, statistical and business purposes (collectively, the “Purposes”).
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Necessary Disclosure. We may disclose information about you to third parties, without your consent: in compliance with applicable legislative and regulatory requirements;
- when a reasonable person would consider that it is clearly in the interest of the individual and we cannot obtain consent in a timely manner or you would not be reasonably expected to refuse consent;
- if the disclosure of Personal Information is reasonable for the purposes of an investigation or legal proceeding or in relation to a violation of our policies or agreements;
- if the Personal Information is publicly available;
- to respond to an emergency that threatens the life, health or security of an individual or the public; or
- investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, our rights, reputation, safety or property (or those of our users or others), or violation of our policies or agreements.
- Aggregated data. We may also aggregate or otherwise strip information of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that data with third parties or publish it. This data does not personally identify you and helps us to measure the success of the website and its features and to improve your experience. We reserve the right to make use of any such anonymized and aggregated data in our sole discretion.
OUT OF CANADA SERVICE PROVIDER POLICY
ATB Ventures may use third parties or agents within or outside of the Province of Alberta or Canada to collect, use and disclose or store Personal Information. We contract with these third parties or agents for the purposes of establishing, managing and terminating your relationship with us, and the products or services you request from time to time. Such Personal Information in the custody and control of a third party or agent in another province or country is subject to the laws of that jurisdiction and may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities in that jurisdiction. If you have any questions about the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information outside of Canada, you may contact us by email at email@example.com.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take measures to protect the Personal Information you provide to us, including but not limited to the following:
- establishing passwords, encryption, and security levels that increase according to the sensitivity of the Personal Information;
- restricting physical access to desks, cabinets, doors and facilities containing Personal Information;
- informing and training ATB Ventures employees or volunteers about privacy requirements for protecting Personal Information; and
- employing secure methods for destroying Personal Information no longer required by ATB Ventures.
However, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that information on the website may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. Emails sent to or from the website may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information online and take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Controlling Your Settings. You can limit your browser or mobile device from providing certain information by adjusting the settings in the browser, operating system or device.
Email Communications. If you have opted in pursuant to ATB Ventures’s CASL Preference, you can unsubscribe or make changes by unsubscribing on our CASL page here.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the Purposes we collected it for, including for the Purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
THIRD-PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
You may request that we not use your Personal Information for marketing purposes at any time as long as:
- there are no legal requirements for ATB Ventures to use your Personal Information;
- withdrawing consent does not result in our inability to fulfill any agreement you have with us; and
- you withdraw your consent by opting out under CASL here (if you have opted in)
Withdrawing consent means we will not contact you with any marketing or promotions. Withdrawing your consent for marketing purposes will not prevent ATB Ventures from sending you notices, directly or via a third party, that we believe are required in providing services.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Phone: 1-800-332-8383
Mailing Address: 400, 1207 11 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T3C 0M5